Last Updated on March 3, 2022 by Debra
Lifetime is a well-known kayak brand that has produced many stunning kayaks. They have come up with many kayak series, from which tamarack is one of the most popular. The tamarack series is mainly used as a fishing kayak because of the sit-on-top feature. If you want a fishing kayak, you can buy one from the lifetime tamarack.
The main difference between Lifetime Tamarack 100 is a 10-foot-wide by 10-foot-deep single-wall metal shed with a 100-square-foot storage capacity. The Lifetime Tamarack 120 is a 12-foot-wide by 10-foot-deep single-wall metal shed with a 120-square-foot storage capacity.
But there are several kayak models in the tamarack series from lifetime. To save you from getting puzzled, the comparison of lifetime tamarack 100 vs 120. As these two are from the same series and brand, there are a lot of similarities between them, but still, there are some differences.
The Comparison Chart Between Lifetime Tamarack 100 and 120
Before going into the in-depth discussion of those two kayaks, let’s dive into the quick feature comparison.
|Content||Lifetime Tamarack 100||Lifetime Tamarack 120|
|Length||120 inches (10 feet)||120 inches (10 feet)|
|Seat||One person sit-on-top with adjustable backrest||One person sit-on-top|
|Weight||50 lbs.||52 lbs.|
|Built-Material||High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE)||High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE)|
|Width||31 inches||31 inches|
|Height||14 inches||14 inches|
|Draft||5 inches||5 inches|
|Maximum Weight Capacity||275 lbs.||275 lbs.|
|Hull||Deep hull channels||Deep hull channels|
|Hull Material||High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE)||High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE)|
|Warranty||5 Years Limited Warranty||5 Years Limited Warranty|
|Transportation||Easy Transportation||Easy Transportation|
Top 3 UPGRADES For Your Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak
In-detail Comparison between Lifetime Tamarack 100 vs 120
From the quick feature overview of those two kayaks, you have known that they are quite the same. Now, let’s talk in detail about them:
Lifetime Tamarack 120
The tamarack series of kayaks from the lifeline brand are majorly used for fishing in the calm river and pond water. Among them, the tamarack 120 is vastly known for its usefulness during fishing. This 10-feet kayak is perfect for any average person and easily takes the load because of its capacity of 275 lbs.
The stable flat bottom part helps the kayak to stay stable while fishing. There is a large storage option provided in this kayak which is beneficial for long-time fishing. As the kayak weight is 52 lbs., you can quickly pace it up using the paddles.
The 31 inches wide kayak body lets you sit in there comfortably along with 14 inches depth. It’s an adult kayak that comes with a one-person sit-on-top seating system. You can have a comfortable paddling time because of the padded seat.
Because of the presence of two flush mount rod holders and deep hull channels, you will get superior tracking. The high-density polyethylene body makes the kayak strong to deal with the strong current. The kayak also comes with UV protection all over its body.
It prevents the kayak color from fading and keeps the kayak safe by preventing cracks and splits. You will find the shock cords and T-handles on both the front side and rear side of the tamarack 120 kayak. There are carry handles in this kayak for easy transportation.
- The High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) body
- One person sit-on-top seating system with comfortable padded seat
- Large storage option of 275 lbs.
- The carry handles make it easier to transport the kayak from one place to another
- Enough space and depth to sit and store different components
- Easy transportation
- High weight carrying capability with two large compounds
- High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) body
- UV protection all over the kayak body
- Two flush mount rod holders with deep hull channels
- The backrest feature is not up to the mark
- Oldish model
- Constructed of UV-Protected High-Density Polyethylene. Stable Flat Bottom. Deep Hull Tracking Channels. Stability Chine Rails
- Multiple Footrest Positions for Different Size Riders. Adjustable Padded Seat Back and Seat Pad for Comfort. Front and Rear Shock Cord Straps
- Two Flush Mounted Fishing Rod Holders. One Top Mount Fishing Rod Holder
- Two 6" Storage Compartments in Rear and Center. One Paddle Keeper with Shock Cords. Front and Rear T-Handles for Easy Transport
- Durable High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Construction. 5-Year Limited Warranty
- Kayak Dimensions: 120 in. L x 31 in. W x 14 in. H | Weight Capacity: 275 lbs.
Lifetime Tamarack 100
The lifetime tamarack 100 is the successor of the lifetime tamarack 120 and also the updated version. It also comes with a 10 feet long body along with a width of 31 inches. The 14 inches depth and 5 inches draft of the kayak will allow you to sit properly.
The comfortable seat is one of the best parts of this kayak from the tamarack series. Along with that, you will get a padded seat and an adjustable backrest for providing comfort during paddling. The capacity of this kayak is the same as the tamarack 120, and it is 275 lbs.
But the weight of the tamarack 100 is 2 lbs. less than the 120, which provides a bit more speed. Chine Rails are present in this kayak for stability along with the stable flat bottom. Front and Rear Shock Cords are also available here for more safety during paddling and fishing.
The kayak is pretty easy to transport because of the front and rear T-handles. This tamarack kayak comes with a High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) body. It helps the kayak to stay strong while facing strong currents and waves. The whole body has a layer of UV protection all over the body.
As the new version, the lifetime tamarack 100 can generate more speed along with providing much stability. The larger storage compound helps you to catch fish for a more extended period. You will also get 5 years warranty with this lifetime tamarack 100.
- Sturdy body made with High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- The padded seat with an adjustable backrest for comfort
- Multiple Footrest Positions for enhanced comfort
- UV protected layer all over the kayak body
- Chine Rails with the stable flat bottom
- Easy transportation with front and rear T-handles
- Larger storage compound
- Limited 5 years warranty
- Sturdy body with all-around UV protection
- Less weight helps to gain more speed
- Not as fast as the lengthier kayaks
Lifetime Tamarack 120 Angler Kayak Mods
Which Kayak to Choose?
Both the lifetime tamarack 100 and 120 come with almost the exact specifications. Length, weight capacity, width, height, and draft are identical in these two kayaks. The pricing is almost the same as well. But the lifetime tamarack 100 is the latest version of the tamarack series.
It has less weight than the 120 and also comes with an adjustable backrest and multiple footrest features. You will get the best possible service from both these kayaks, but as the new one, you should go for the lifetime tamarack 100.
The tamarack series from the lifeline is known for its fishing assisting capability. In this series, the tamarack 100 and tamarack 120 are the most common ones. You might be in confusion about which one to buy from them. The comparison of lifetime tamarack 100 vs 120 will assist you in choosing the right one.
Both these kayaks from lifetime are top class. You will be served well for a long time with these two kayaks. But as the newest one, the tamarack 100 is a bit lightweight and has some new features. So, if you want to buy one from these two, the tamarack 100 is the go-to one.