Last Updated on February 14, 2022 by Debra
In the kayak industry, both lifetime and pelican are two of the most sophisticated ones. These two kayak companies are providing many strong and efficient kayaks for a long time. You need to choose between these two and purchase one within your affordable range.
That’s why it’s essential to gain knowledge about the lifetime vs pelican kayak. Both these kayaks are built with sturdy materials and come with catchy designs. You can use these kayaks, from fishing to casual riding. In every case, both kayaks are capable of serving well for a more extended period.
Pelican Mission 100 Sit-in Kayak Fishing Modifications
Differences Between the Key Features of Pelican and Lifetime Kayak
We’ll talk about the features of both these kayak brands and compare them. But before that, let’s take a look at their key features difference:
|Content||Lifetime Kayak||Pelican Kayak|
|Construction||High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) and UV protection||Ram-x, poly-XR, and firm plastic materials|
|Cockpit Type||Small and snug cockpit for enhanced grip||Larger and loose space|
|Max Weight Capacity||Up to 300 lbs. and the larger one has a bit more capacity||Not more than 275 lbs.|
|Paddle||Sturdy paddle with aluminum shaft||Plastic paddle|
|Seat Design||Adjustable seat and backrest||Comfortable seat cushion with backrest|
|Warranty||5 years limited warranty||1-year limited warranty|
Lifetime vs Pelican Kayak – In-detail Comparison
To decide the winner between the lifetime kayak and pelican kayak, let’s have a detailed discussion about them.
The lifetime kayaks come in various sizes starting from 8-feet long to 16-feet long. In the toughest currents and waves, the sturdy built-materials help the kayak to stay strong. These lifetime kayaks come with a body made from High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE). It also has the UV protection layer, which prevents color fading, cracks, and splits.
The small and snug cockpit ensures more grip while paddling the lifetime kayak. You will also get better control and balance with a lifetime kayak, and paddle faster to generate more speed. The lifetime kayaks have more storage compounds with a higher weight capacity up to 325 lbs.
You can carry more accessories in these kayaks, and also go fishing for a longer time. The paddle that comes with a lifetime kayak is sturdy and has aluminum shafts. It helps to cut through the water more swiftly and generates a higher speed. The adjustable seat with backrest provides much comfort during paddling times.
The kayaks from lifetime also have multiple footrest positions for enhanced comfort. You will also get 5 years of limited warranty from the kayaks of this brand.
- High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) body
- Multiple foot resting positions
- Larger capacity
- The paddle comes with an aluminum shaft
- Comfortable and adjustable seat and backrest
- Smaller cockpit
- Constructed of UV-Protected High-Density Polyethylene. Stable Flat Bottom. Deep Hull Tracking Channels. Stability Chine Rails
- Multiple Footrest Positions for Different Size Riders. Adjustable Padded Seat Back and Seat Pad for Comfort. Front and Rear Shock Cord Straps
- Two Flush Mounted Fishing Rod Holders. One Top Mount Fishing Rod Holder
- Two 6" Storage Compartments in Rear and Center. One Paddle Keeper with Shock Cords. Front and Rear T-Handles for Easy Transport
- Durable High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Construction. 5-Year Limited Warranty
- Kayak Dimensions: 120 in. L x 31 in. W x 14 in. H | Weight Capacity: 275 lbs.
The pelican kayaks also come with a sturdy body because of the built materials like ram-x, poly-XR, and firm plastic. These materials in the body always protect the skin and act as a shield to avoid leakage. Solid-body construction will improve longevity and help to stay stable in the strong waves and currents.
A larger cockpit may lack grip but provides enough space to sit and paddle comfortably. The lightweight pelican kayaks can generate more speed compared to the lifetime kayaks. For doing so, the pelican has sacrificed a bit of storage capacity, which is up to 275 lbs. You will get a nice and smooth paddling experience because of the plastic paddles.
The seat has comfortable cushioning and an adjustable backrest to enhance comfort.
- Ram-x, poly-XR, and firm plastic body
- Leakage avoiding coating
- Larger sitting space
- Comfortable seat cushioning and adjustable backrest
- More speed
- Less storage capacity
- Less durable plastic paddle
- Upgraded Features: Additional storage in this kayak includes a front storage platform and a tank well both equipped with bungee cords. The EXOSHELL 13 L removable storage compartment included with this kayak allows you to pack everything up at home and just drop it into the tank well when you hit the water. It's also equipped with molded footrests a bottle holder and two paddle tie-downs to keep your hands free when necessary. It's also ideal for bringing your pet on board!
- Stable: The twin-arched multi-chine hull offers excellent stability giving you a secure and steady ride. It also makes it incredibly easy to get in and out of the kayak.
- Safe: Our unique manufacturing process allows us to include additional flotation inside the hull of all of our sit-on-tops in order to meet or surpass ABYC standards. Holds a maximum capacity of 275 lb. Don't worry, the added scupper holes at the bottom of the kayak are completely safe and help drain any excess water that might get into your watercraft. Along with a flatter hull design, it ensures you peace of mind during your ride.
- Comfortable: Paddle in comfort with the adjustable ERGOLOUNGE seating system. It provides extra-thick cushioning and an extra high and wide padded backrest.
- Lightweight: Our kayaks being made with exceptionally durable high molecular density polyethylene, less material is needed to produce each boat. At 9 ft 6 in, and weighing only 42 lb, it makes the perfect kayak for those looking for easy storage and transportation.
Pelican Trailblazer Stability Challenge
Which Brand to Choose?
Both lifetime and pelican are the finest kayak brands, and there is no complete winner. The pelican kayaks are super lightweight, and you can use them for professional surfing. You will get much comfort while surfing with these kayaks because of the comfortable seat.
If you are looking for a durable kayak with a proper dimensional design, lifetime kayaks are the go-to ones. You can buy it if you want a kayak with more storage capacity, and these kayaks are easy to use.
You can use kayaks for fishing, surfing, or other casual water activities. Both the lifetime and pelican kayaks come with the sturdy body to survive in the toughest conditions. Based on your necessity, you will require choosing one of these kayak brands for use.
But before that, gaining knowledge about the key features and differences of lifetime vs pelican kayak is a must. Both these kayaks are the finest ones in the market. You can go for any of them, and a long-term service with higher performance is guaranteed.